SIENA & SAN GIMIGNANO PRIVATE TOUR for cruise ship clients
Shore excursion to Siena and San Gimignano for cruise passengers includes pick up and return from/to the port in Livorno.
Your day-trip to Siena and San Gimignano begins with a private car pick-up directly from your ship at the Livorno dock.
We will drive to Siena where you’ll meet me: your private guide! Siena is the second most interesting town in Tuscany after Florence, located in the central part of Tuscany Region, in the middle of a vast hilly landscape, its historic center has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site. We’ll then drive to San Gimignano: a small walled medieval hilltop town, known as the Town of Fine Towers, which is famous for its medieval architecture and its encircling walls forming “an unforgettable skyline”.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
Tour duration: approx. 9 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch);
Meeting point: Livorno Port (driver with a sign of client’s name before the exit of the ship);
Meeting time: 8.00 AM;
Private guide (6 hours service in Siena and San Gimignano): included;
Roundtrip transportation (chauffeured limo or minibus): included;
Entrance fees with priority access: included;
Driving times: from Livorno port to Siena 1 hour and 45 minutes; from Siena to San Gimignano 50 minutes; back to Livorno Port 1 hour and 20 minutes;
Meals and drinks: not included.
– Cathedral (inside; masterpiece of Medieval architecture, with decorations made by the important artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Museum of Santa Maria della Scala (inside; one of Europe’s first hospitals, with great Renaissance frescoes)
– Piazza del Campo (regarded as one of Europe’s greatest medieval squares)
. San Gimignano:
– Collegiata Church (inside; with Medieval and Renaissance frescoes)
– Palazzo del Popolo (outside; it has been the seat of the civic authority in the comune since the 13th century)
– Piazza della Cisterna (main square of the town surrounded by medieval houses)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the museums and monuments!
Contact us for a quotation.