MEDICI FAMILY TOUR (walking tour)
Half day tour of stories, intrigues, passions and secrets of the family that reigned Florence for three centuries: the Medici!
We’ll first visit Palazzo Medici Riccardi, masterpiece of Renaissence architecture by Michelozzo, once residence first branch of the Medici Family.
Then to the nearby San Lorenzo Church, where the Medicis were baptized, married, and buried. I’ll show you the Medici funeral chapels and tombs including the ones made by Michelangelo.
We’ll then visit Palazzo Vecchio, originally called Palazzo della Signoria, the ruling body of the Republic of Florence, since 1540 Cosimo I de Medici made it his own residence, signalling the security of the Medici family in Florence.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I’ll be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I’ll make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you’ll have time to enjoy a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
– Tour duration: approx. 4 hours
– Meeting time: 9.00 AM or 2:00PM
– Entrance fees with priority access: included
– Transportation: no needed (walking tour)
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Piazza San Lorenzo, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Palazzo Medici Riccardi (outside – masterpiece of Renaissence architecture by Michelozzo)
– Church of San Lorenzo (inside – designed by Brunelleschi in the early 15th Century)
– Medici Chapels (inside – including the Sagrestia Nuova – “New Sacristy” – designed by Michelangelo)
– Piazza Signoria (open air collection of statues)
– Palazzo Vecchio (inside – site of the Republic of Florence, since 1540 Cosimo I de Medici made it his own residence)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the museums and monuments!
Contact us for a quotation.