Shore excursion to Florence for cruise passengers includes pick up and return from/to the port in Livorno.
Your day-trip to Florence begins with a private car pick-up from your ship at Livorno to drive you to Florence to meet me: your guide!
I’ll start with a historical presentation from the foundation of Florentia as a Roman colony up to its growth in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance as one of the most important capitals in Europe.
I’ll tell you about the many men and women who were protagonists of the greatness of Florence such as the Medici for politics, Michelangelo for art, Dante for literature, Galileo for the sciences. . . just to name a few among the most universally known.
We’ll visit together the religious and political centers of Florence and the most important museums of the city: the Accademia and the Uffizi, where I will tell you about artists who led the evolution of the Western art.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
Tour duration: approx. 9 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch);
Meeting point: Livorno Port (driver with a sign of client’s name before the exit of the ship);
Meeting time: 8.00 AM;
Private guide (6 hours service in Florence): included;
Roundtrip transportation (chauffeured limo, minibus or bus): included;
Radio whisperes (for groups larger than 4 people): included;
Entrance fees with priority access: included;
Driving time from port to Florence: 1 hour and 15 minutes;
Meals and drinks: not included.
Itinerary in Florence:
– Duomo (outside; we’ll talk about the famous Brunelleschi’s Dome)
– Giotto Bell Tower (outside; beautiful samples of Gothic architecture in Italy)
– Baptistery (outside; with its famous bronze doors)
– Academy Gallery (inside; to see the David and other statues by Michelangelo)
– Santa Croce Church (inside; here are buried many Italian glories including Michelangelo and Galileo)
– Lunch in a typical restaurant (to enjoy an autentic Italian meal)
– Uffizi Gallery (inside; paintings by Giotto, Masaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raffaello)
– Piazza Signoria (open air collection of statues and Palazzo Vecchio)
– Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge over the Arno River)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
Then the driver will drive you back to Livorno in time to board your ship.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No line to get in to the Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery!
Contact us for a quotation.