MICHELANGELO IN FLORENCE: BEYOND THE DAVID (walking tour)
Medici Tombs, Bargello Museum, Buonarroti House.
An itinerary in the heart of Florence to deepen the knowledge of Michelangelo Buonarroti, sculptor, painter, architect and poet of the High Renaissance; one of the greatest artists of his lifetime, as of all time.
We will visit Michelangelo’s New Sacristy and Medici Tombs. Bargello Museum, to admire some of his masterpieces: the Bacchus, the Pitti Tondo, the Brutus and the David-Apollo. At Casa Buonarroti, a museum dedicated to Michelangelo by his nephew, we will admire the Madonna of the Steps and the Battle of the Centaurs, two of Michelangelo’s earliest sculptures.
The tour is private, and I will be happy to customize it, dwelling longer on works or topics you are particularly interested in, or leaving out what you find less relevant.
– Tour duration: approx. 3 hours
– Meeting time: 9.00 AM
– Entrance fees (€30 per each adult): not included
– Transportation: no needed (walking tour)
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Piazza San Lorenzo, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Medici Chapels (inside; Sagrestia Nuova – New Sacristy – by Michelangelo, who also designed the Medici tombs within)
– Bargello Museum (inside; it houses masterpieces by Michelangelo: his Bacchus, Pitti Tondo, Brutus and David-Apollo)
– Casa Buonarroti (inside; owned by Michelangelo, converted into a museum dedicated to the artist by his nephew)
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you’ll have time to enjoy coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun!
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the museums and monuments!
Contact us for a quotation.