Half day tour of Florence, to visit the Accademia Gallery, Piazza Duomo, and Michelangelo’s burial place
We’ll start with a historical presentation from the foundation of Florentia as a Roman colony, up to its growth in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance as one of the most important capitals in Europe.
I’ll tell you about the many men and women who were protagonists of the greatness of Florence, such as the Medici for politics and economics, Michelangelo for art, Dante for literature, Galileo for the sciences, . . . just to name a few among the most universally known.
We’ll visit the religious center of Florence, the Duomo Museum, Santa Croce Church and the Accademia Gallery; I’ll tell you about the famous David by Michelangelo and about other artists who led the evolution of the Western art.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I’ll be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I’ll make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you’ll have time to enjoy a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun!
– Tour duration: approx. 3 hours
– Meeting time: 9.00 AM or 2:00PM
– Entrance fees with priority access: included
– Transportation: no needed (walking tour)
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Piazza Duomo, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Duomo/Cathedral (inside; Gothic/Renaissance masterpiece)
– Giotto Bell Tower (outside; beautiful Gothic architecture)
– Duomo Museum (inside; recently renovated it is one of the most interesting and visited sites in Florence)
– Baptistery (inside; with beautiful medieval mosaics)
– Academy Gallery (inside with fast track tickets; to see the David and other statues by Michelangelo)
– Santa Croce Church (inside; here are buried many Italian glories including Michelangelo and Galileo)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the Accademia Gallery!
Contact us for a quotation.