PISA & LUCCA PRIVATE TOUR for cruise ship clients
Shore excursion to Pisa and Lucca for cruise passengers includes pick up and return from/to the port in Livorno Port.
Your day-trip to Pisa and Lucca begins with a private car pick-up directly from your ship at Livorno dock.
We will drive to Pisa where you’ll meet your me: your private guide! Although Pisa is known worldwide for its leaning tower, the city contains more than 20 other historic churches, several medieval palaces and various bridges across the Arno. We’ll visit to the monumental complex of Piazza Duomo: Cathedral, Bell Tower, Baptistery, and Cemetery. We’ll then drive to Lucca where I’ll show you its beautiful historic center surrounded by intact Renaissance-era city walls, with its Romanesque Cathedral of San Martino and its famous Piazza Anfiteatro.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
Tour duration: approx. 9 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch);
Meeting point: Livorno Port (driver with a sign of client’s name before the exit of the ship);
Meeting time: 8.00 AM;
Private guide (7 hours service in Pisa and Lucca): included;
Roundtrip transportation (chauffeured limo or minibus): included;
Entrance fees with priority access: included;
Driving times: from Livorno port to Pisa 45 minutes; from Pisa to Lucca 35 minutes; back to Livorno Port 45 minutes;
Meals and drinks: not included.
. Pisa, Piazza Duomo:
– Cathedral (inside; masterpiece of Medieval architecture, with decorations made by the famous artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Baptistery (inside; largest in the world with an incredible acoustic)
– Leaning Bell Tower (inside; most famous monument of Pisa)
– Cemetery (inside; with beautiful medieval frescoes)
– Cathedral of San Martino (inside; beautiful Romanesque building with great Medieval and Renaissance decorations)
– Chiesa di San Michele (inside; another masterpiece of Romanesque architecture)
– Piazza dell’Anfiteatro (a unique square built above the remains of the ancient amphitheatre).
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the museums and monuments!
Contact us for a quotation.