FULL DAY FLORENCE PRIVATE TOUR for cruise ship clients (option 2)
For clients taking free bus service from ship to train station in Livorno Port, arriving Florence by train and returning to Livorno Port by train; about 50 minutes ride each way; about 15 Euros train tickets total per person (there is a train to Florence and back to Livorno every 15/20 minutes).
I’ll meet you at Santa Maria Novella Train Station in Florence (guide with a sign of your name)! We’ll start with a historical presentation from the foundation of Florentia as a Roman colony up to its growth in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance as one of the most important capitals in Europe.
I’ll tell you about the many men and women who were protagonists of the greatness of Florence such as the Medici for politics, Michelangelo for art, Dante for literature, Galileo for the sciences. . . just to name a few among the most universally known.
We’ll visit together the religious and political centers of Florence and the most important museums of the city: the Accademia and the Uffizi, where I will tell you about artists who led the evolution of the Western art.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
Tour duration: approx. 8 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch);
Meeting point: Florence Santa Maria Novella Train Station (guide with a sign client’s name at Train platform);
Meeting time: approx. 9:00/9:30 AM;
Private guide: included;
Entrance fees with priority access: included;
Meals and drinks: not included;
Itinerary in Florence:
– Duomo (outside; we’ll talk about the famous Brunelleschi’s Dome)
– Giotto Bell Tower (outside; beautiful samples of Gothic architecture in Italy)
– Baptistery (outside; with its famous bronze doors)
– Academy Gallery (inside; to see the David and other statues by Michelangelo)
– Santa Croce Church (inside; here are buried many Italian glories including Michelangelo and Galileo)
– Lunch in a typical restaurant (to enjoy an autentic Italian meal)
– Uffizi Gallery (inside; paintings by Giotto, Masaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raffaello)
– Piazza Signoria (open air collection of statues and Palazzo Vecchio)
– Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge over the Arno River)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery!
Contact us for a quotation.