FLORENCE IN A DAY PRIVATE TOUR (walking tour)
The ideal city tour, especially if you are a first time visitor! With fast track tickets to Uffizi and Accademia
We’ll start with a historical presentation from the foundation of Florentia as a Roman colony, up to its growth in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance as one of the most important capitals in Europe.
I’ll tell you about the many men and women who were protagonists of the greatness of Florence, such as the Medici for politics and economics, Michelangelo for art, Dante for literature, Galileo for the sciences, . . . just to name a few among the most universally known.
We’ll visit the religious and political centers of Florence, the most important museums of the city including the Accademia and the Uffizi, where I’ll tell you about artists who led the evolution of the Western art.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I’ll be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I’ll make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you’ll have time to enjoy a typical local meal, coffee, ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun!
– Tour duration: approx. 8 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch)
– Meeting time: 9.00 AM
– Entrance fees with priority access: included
– Transportation: no needed (walking tour)
– Meals and drinks: not included
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Piazza Duomo, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Duomo (outside; Brunelleschi’s Dome)
– Giotto Bell Tower (outside; beautiful Gothic architecture)
– Duomo Museum (inside; recently renovated it is one of the most interesting sites in Florence)
– Baptistery (inside; with medieval mosaics)
– Academy Gallery (inside; to see the David and other statues by Michelangelo)
– Santa Croce Church (inside; here are buried many Italian glories including Michelangelo and Galileo)
– Uffizi Gallery (inside; paintings by Giotto, Masaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raffaello)
– Piazza Signoria (open air collection of statues and Palazzo Vecchio)
– Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge over the Arno River)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the Uffizi or Accademia!
Contact us for a quotation.