PITTI PALACE, BOBOLI GARDENS, MASACCIO’S FRESCOES (walking tour)
Half day tour to discover the other side of the Arno river.
with this tour we’ll visit the “oltrarno”: the other side of the Arno River (South side); We’ll start with a visit to Pitti Palace, once Medici family residence combined with gardens, lavish rooms and views, and one of the most important collection of art in Italy including paintings by Raphael, Titian, Caravaggio, Rubens, Van Dyck, . . ect.
We’ll continue with a visit to the Carmine Church and its famous Brancacci Chapel frescoed by Masaccio, with a perfect application of new rules of perspective, studied by all major artists of the 15th Century including Michelangelo.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
– Tour duration: approx. 3 hours
– Meeting time: 9.00 AM or 2:00PM
– Entrance fees with priority access: included
– Transportation: no needed (walking tour)
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Piazza dè Pitti, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Palazzo Pitti (inside – once residence of the Medici family, including the richest collection of Raphael paintings).
– Boboli Garden (inside – it represents one of the first and most important examples of the Italian Renaissance garden)
– Chiesa del Carmine, Brancacci Chapel (inside – frescoes by Masaccio studied by all major artists of the 15th Century)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the museums and monuments!
Contact us for a quotation.