DAY TOUR FROM FLORENCE TO PISA & LUCCA (car and walking tour)
With my Pisa and Lucca tour I’ll show you the city of famous “Leaning Tower” and Lucca: an indipendent Republic for almost 500 years.
I’ll pick you up from your hotel in Florence (or in another town in Tuscany) and drive you to Pisa (83 km/51 miles West of Florence). Although Pisa is known worldwide for its leaning tower, the city contains more than 20 other historic churches, several medieval palaces and various bridges across the Arno; much of the city’s architecture was financed when Pisa was a powerfull Italian maritime republic; visit to the monumental complex of Piazza dei Miracoli: Cathedral, Bell Tower, Baptistery, and Cemetery.
We’ll then drive to Lucca where I’ll show you its beautiful historic center surrounded by intact Renaissance-era city walls, with its Romanesque Cathedral of San Martino and its famous Piazza Anfiteatro.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and and your holiday is meant to be fun!
Tour duration: approx. 9 hours (including break for lunch);
Meeting point: hotel in Florence or in another town in Tuscany;
Meeting time: 9:00 AM;
Private guide: included;
Transportation (private transportation service): included;
Entrance fees: included.
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in another town in Tuscany.
Pisa, Piazza Duomo:
– Cathedral (inside; masterpiece of Medieval architecture, with decorations made by the famous artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Baptistery (inside; largest in the world with an incredible acustic)
– Leaning Bell Tower (inside; most famous monument of Pisa)
– Cemetery (inside; with beautiful medieval frescoes)
– Cathedral of San Martino (inside; beautuful Romanesque building with great Medieval and Renaissance decorations)
– Chiesa di San Michele (inside; another masterpiece of Romanesque architecture)
– Piazza dell’Anfiteatro (a unic square built above the remains of the ancient amphitheater).
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the sites!
Contact us for a quotation.