With my Pisa and Vinci private tour I’ll show you the city of famous “Leaning Tower” and Vinci, birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci.
I’ll pick you up from your hotel in Florence (or in another town in Tuscany) and drive you to Pisa (83 km/51 miles West of Florence)! Although Pisa is known worldwide for its leaning tower, the city contains more than 20 historic churches, several medieval palaces and various bridges across the Arno; much of the city’s architecture was financed when Pisa was a powerful Italian maritime republic. Visit to the monumental complex of Piazza Duomo: Cathedral, Leaning Bell Tower, Baptistery, and Cemetery.
We’ll then drive to Vinci where I’ll tell you about the most emblematic man of Italian Renaissance: Leonardo!
Vinci still preserves the same urban and countryside landscape it had when the young genius started his investigation of the natural phenomena, and made his first hydraulic experiments in the small river of the town. We’ll visit the local museums and the birthplace of Leonardo.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I’ll be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee, or a gelato: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun!
Duration: approx. 9 hours (including 1 hour break for lunch);
Meeting point: Cient’s hotel in Florence or other town in Tuscany;
Meeting time: 9.00 AM;
Private guide: included;
Roundtrip transportation (private transportation service): included;
Entrance fees with priority access: included.
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in another town in Tuscany.
Pisa, Piazza Duomo:
– Cathedral (inside; masterpiece of Medieval architecture, with decorations made by famous artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Baptistery (inside; largest in the world with an incredible acoustics)
– Leaning Bell Tower (inside; most famous monument of Pisa)
– Cemetery (inside; with beautiful medieval frescoes)
– Leonardo Museum (inside -the oldest collection entirely dedicated to his work as scientist, technologist and engineer, situated in the Castle of the Counts Guidi)
– The Church of the Holy Cross (inside -still preserving the baptismal font where Leonardo was baptized)
– Leonardo’s birthplace in Anchiano (inside – the house museum where Leonardo was born, with an HD digital reproduction of Leonardo’s Last Supper).
I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the sites!
Contact us for a quotation.