DAY TOUR FROM FLORENCE TO PISTOIA & VINCI (car and walking tour)
Full day private tour to visit Pistoia, beautiful Medieval city; and Vinci, birthplace of Renaissance polymath Leonardo da Vinci
With my Pistoia & Vinci guided tour I’ll drive you across the beautiful hilly countryside West of Florence; we’ll first stop in Pistoia (30 km/19 miles West of Florence) to visit its historic center including the Cathedral of San Zeno, its Baptistery, and the Bishop’s Palace. We’ll then drive to Vinci where I’ll tell you about the most emblematic man of Italian Renaissance: Leonardo!
Vinci still preserves the same urban and countryside landscape it had when the young genius started his investigation of the natural phenomena, and made his first hydraulic experiments in the small river of the town.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I’ll be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends. Time for a typical lunch, coffee, or gelato.
Tour duration: approx. 8 hours (including break for lunch);
Meeting point: hotel in Florence or in another town in Tuscany;
Meeting time: 9.00 AM;
Private guide: included;
Transportation (private transportation service): included;
Entrance fees: included.
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in another town in Tuscany.
– Cathedral (inside; masterpiece of Medieval architecture, with decorations made by famous artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Baptistery (inside; in Gothic style, with white and green striped marble, characteristic of the Tuscan Gothic)
– Bishop’s Palace (inside; built above ancient buildings)
– Leonardo Museum (inside -the oldest collection entirely dedicated to his work as scientist, technologist and engineer, situated in the Castle of the Counts Guidi)
– The Church of the Holy Cross (inside -still preserving the baptismal font where Leonardo was baptized)
– Leonardo’s birthplace in Anchiano (inside – the house museum where Leonardo was born, with an HD digital reproduction of Leonardo’s Last Supper).
I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the sites!
Contact us for a quotation.