DAY TOUR FROM FLORENCE TO ROME
This is the ideal tour for you who are staying in Florence and want to visit Rome in a day!
I’ll show you the highlights of the Eternal City in a day visiting all the major attractions of Rome. I’ll pick you up from your hotel in Florence, then by fast train to Rome (about 1 hour and 30 minutes ride from Florence to Rome).
We’ll start with a visit to the Vatican Museums, largest collection of artworks in the world, to see the famous Sistine Chapel, frescoed by Michelangelo, and some other highlights. We’ll then visit St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s greatest Catholic church, and St. Peter’s Square, where the Pope provides his public audiences. We’ll then walk to St. Angel Castle, former Tomb of Emperor Hadrian, we’ll cross the Tiber River on an Ancient Roman bridge, and after a walk through a Renaissance district we’ll enter Piazza Navona, with its famous baroque fountains (quick lunch in a typical restaurant). Then visit to the Pantheon, the best conserved temple of ancient Rome, then on top the Capitoline Hill to see Piazza del Campidoglio designed by Michelangelo. Next stop will be the Roman Forum: the political and religious center of ancient Rome. Our last visit couldn’t be other than the Colosseum, most famous monument in Rome, where the gladiators fought to the death and exotic bests were hunted. Then train back to Florence.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and and your holiday is meant to be fun!
– Tour duration: approx. 10 hours (including roundtrip by train)
– Meeting time: 8.00 AM
– Transportation from Florence to Rome (fast train; about 1 hour and 30 minutes each way): included
– Transportation in Rome (taxi ride from train station to Vatican, then from Colosseum to train station): included
– Entrance fees with priority access to Vatican and Colosseum: included
– Meals and drinks: not included
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in Florence Train Station, or in another agreed spot in Florence.
– Vatican Museums (inside; Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo)
– St. Peter’s Basilica (inside; world’s greatest Catholic church)
– St. Peter’s Square (where the Pope provides his public audiences)
– St. Angel Castle (outside; former Tomb of Emperor Hadrian)
– Piazza Navona (square with Baroque fountains by Bernini)
– Pantheon (inside; most conserved ancient Roman building)
– Capitoline Hill (Piazza del Campidoglio: square by Michelangelo)
– Roman Forum (inside; political and religious center of ancient Rome)
– Colosseum (inside; most famous monument of Rome)
With me as your guide it will be easier for you to listen and follow the tour despite the everyday crowd, and I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the sites!
Contact us for a quotation.