DAY TOUR FROM FLORENCE TO AREZZO & CORTONA (car and walking tour)
With my Arezzo & Cortona private tour I’ll show Arezzo, pleasantly situated on a low hillside, and Cortona, beautyful sample of hilltop town surrounded by unique countryside landscapes.
I’ll pick you up from your hotel in Florence (or in another town in Tuscany) and drive you to the Medieval/Renaissance town of Arezzo (78 km/48 miles South of Florence), with several notable churches and interesting Museums; visit to the Church of San Francesco to see the famous fresco cycle painted by Piero della Francesca, then visit to the Duomo and Piazza Grande. After lunch in a typical restaurant, we’ll drive to Cortona, the main cultural and artistic center in Valdichiana after Arezzo; visit to the main monuments.
I am not going to give you a lecture – unless you want to – I will be informative but I won’t overdo with too many dates and names, I will make your visit fun with anecdotes and legends, you will have time to enjoy a typical local meal, a coffee or an ice cream: I know you are here on holiday and your holiday is meant to be relaxing and fun.
Tour duration: approx. 9 hours (including break for lunch);
Meeting point: hotel in Florence or in another town in Tuscany;
Meeting time: 8.30 AM;
Private guide: included;
Transportation (private transportation service): included;
Entrance fees: included.
I’ll meet you at your hotel/accommodation in Florence, or in another town in Tuscany.
– Cathedral of St. Donatus (inside; Medieval architecture, with decorations made by famous artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance)
– Piazza Grande (the most noteworthy medieval square in the city)
– Church of San Francesco (inside; famous fresco cycle painted by Piero della Francesca)
– Church of Santa Maria Nuova (inside; built by Giorgio Vasari in 1554, is a domed church with a centralized Greek cross layout)
– Diocesan Museum (inside; it houses works of art by artists such as Fra Angelico, Pietro Lorenzetti, Bartolomeo della Gatta, Luca Signorelli)
– Walk in the Medieval historic center with beautiful view on the surroundings coutryside
I’ll be happy to accommodate your requests going faster through parts that you are not interested in, or stopping longer to see what is more relevant for you.
The tour is private: for your party only!
No lines to get in to the sites!
Contact us for a quotation.